3 ways to change your Apple ID Email Address
3 ways to change your Apple ID Email Address – The first step you should take to safeguard your account is to change your Apple ID if you no longer have access to your email address or if you have created a new one.
Your login for your iPhone, iPad, or Mac as well as other Apple services like iTunes, the App Store, and iCloud will be the changed email address. You won’t lose any of your information, and all of your prior app and music purchases will still be available, only because your account is now associated with your new email address.
In this post, we will take you through the 3 ways to change your Apple ID Email Address.
1. Change your Apple ID Email using the Web
It is advised to start your iCloud Backup and make sure it is current in order to prevent losing any crucial data that is saved on it. Additionally, sign out of all the devices connected to your Apple ID.
- Open appleid.apple.com on your Apple device, using your current Apple ID and password. You will be automatically redirected to the Sign-in and Security, Select the Apple ID.
- Type in the new email address in the Change your Apple ID box.
N/B: It simply implies that another Apple User is using the email address and may need to disconnect for you to finish this process if your email address doesn’t appear.
Read also: China urges retired military Staff to work at iPhone factory
- Next, click Change Apple ID
- Before moving on to the next step, a verification email with a code will be sent to your new email, which you must fill out in the required box.
- You will successfully update your Apple ID email when the dialog box closes after you provide the verification code.
- Using your new Apple ID, log in to all of your Apple products and services. Please be aware that within 30 days of the previous modification, you cannot alter your Apple ID.
2. Change your Apple ID Email with your iPhone
Changing the Apple ID can also be done via your iPhone by using the settings menu.
Follow the steps below:
Read also: How to Use Color Grading Feature in Adobe Lightroom
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Select your device name at the top of the screen
- Fill in the required boxes (Name, Phone Number & Email)
- Click on Edit
- Tap the red minus button
- Tap Delete on the right side of the screen
- A pop-up will appear, click on Continue
- Enter the new email address that you wish to use for your new Apple ID
- To complete this process, enter the code sent to your email address by Apple in the required space.
3. Change your Apple ID Email with your Mac
Following a change to your Apple ID email address, you will need to update your sign-in information on all of your other devices. To prevent issues like iCloud not synchronizing, if you were logged in on your Mac, you should now sign in to iCloud using your new Apple ID email. As follows:
- Click the Apple Icon in the menu bar
- Select Preferences then choose Apple ID
- Click Sign Out, and click on keep a copy
- Type in your Apple ID password as requested. You will be completely signed out of iCloud on your Mac.
- Enter your new Apple email address and password at the login prompt, then enter your Mac password.
- Finally, click Next.
Before starting any of the aforementioned steps, you should back up your information to your iCloud to prevent data loss in the event that you are unable to finish any of them.
3 ways to change your Apple ID Email Address.